Structure of WTSC
West Toronto Skating Club is a non-profit organization constituted under the authority of Skate Canada within its Central Ontario Section.
The Board of Directors is made up entirely of volunteers elected by members of the Club at the Annual General Meeting in late spring. Board members fulfill the following responsibilities:
- The President chairs the meetings, drafts the agenda, sits in on committee meetings periodically, and generally provides the overall leadership and direction for the club.
- The Vice President provides support and direction to the Club in all areas, participates on committees, and acts on behalf of the President in her or his absence.
- The Treasurer prepares the budget and authorizes expenses.
- The Secretary records minutes of Board meetings and summary of action items.
- The Test Chair organises test days and communicates with SkateCanada
- The Coaches’ Representative attends all Board meetings, and brings the coaches’ issues and concerns to the attention of the Board.
Also important to the Club are the following officers who are not necessarily Board members:
- The Office Administrator, a paid employee, looks after clerical and administrative duties, including registration, fees, organizing events, and communicating with club members.
- The bookkeeper, also a paid employee, who reconciles the club accounts.
- Program Co-ordinators, coaches who are paid a small stipend, coordinates the coaches working in each of our four program areas, communicates with parents, organizes events and seminars for skaters, and relays any concerns to the Board.