Board of Directors
The West Toronto Skating Club is a Skate Canada sanctioned club, run by a volunteer Board of Directors. Please consider volunteering your time. You could be instrumental in shaping the future of the club! It is a challenging and rewarding way to be involved in skating.
Here are the current Directors:
|Vice President||Stephen Rotstein|
|Coaches' Rep||Jessica Cunha|
|Member at Large||Jennifer Nelson|
|Member at Large||Kathrin Bussmann|
|Test Chair (outgoing / incoming)||Nancy Beatty / Kathryn Smith|
What are the roles of the Board of Directors?
West Toronto Skating Club is a non-profit organization constituted under the authority of Skate Canada.
The Board of Directors is made up entirely of volunteers elected by members of the Club at the Annual General Meeting in the fall. Board members fulfill the following responsibilities:
- The President chairs the meetings, and generally provides the overall leadership and direction for the club.
- The Vice President provides support and direction to the Club in all areas, participates on committees, and acts on behalf of the President in her or his absence.
- The Treasurer prepares the budget and authorizes expenses.
- The Secretary drafts the agenda, records minutes of Board meetings and summary of action items.
- The Coaches’ Representative attends all Board meetings, and brings the coaches’ issues and concerns to the attention of the Board.
Also important to the club are the following officers, who are not necessarily Board members:
- The Office Administrator, a paid employee, looks after clerical and administrative duties, including registration, fees, organizing events, and communicating with club members.
- The Bookkeeper is contracted to reconcile the club accounts.
- The Test Chair organizes test days and communicates with SkateCanada.
- Program Co-ordinators coordinate the coaches working in each of our programs, communicate with parents, organize events and seminars for skaters, and relay any concerns to the Board.