The West Toronto Skating Club needs you!
Did you know that the WTSC is volunteer-run organization?
- West Toronto Skating Cluc is a non-profit, Skate Canada sanctioned club run by a volunteer Board of Directors who are parents of current and former skaters at the club. Parent involvement is ESSENTIAL for the sustainability of the club.
- The club employs a part-time Office Administrator, and contracts the services of a Bookkeeper, Program Coordinators and Coaches for each of the CanSkate, STARSkate and PowerSkate programs.
What are the roles of the Board of Directors?
- Providing management oversight of the club.
- Preparing the club budget and authorizing expenses.
- Establishing program schedules (in conjunction with coordinators) and pricing for all seasons.
- Reserving the ice time with McCormick Arena for each season.
- Hiring coaches, program coordinators and preparing contracts.
- Hiring and managing the Office Administrator and Bookkeeper.
- Maintaining the club website, newsletter and social media accounts.
- Organizing Test Days and communicating with Skate Canada.
- Organizing on and off-ice seminars and special events.
- Organizing Mini Olympics, the STARSkate Showcase and the STARSkate Gala.
- Reviewing comments, feedback and special requests from parents.
- Attending Skate Canada seminars and special events.
What can you do to help?
- Consider joining the Board of Directors! We currently have 7 members, but we need more. We meet once every 4-6 weeks and communicate by email frequently. If you’d like to know more, please contact our Board President, Cathy Merkley.
- If you do not have the time to be a Director, please volunteer to help with one of the following:
- Mini Olympics (December and June) – ideal for a CanSkate parent, to help with onsite coordination.
- Test Chair – ideal for a STARSkate parent and this position will be vacant this fall.
- Managing the playing of music on STARSkate sessions – ideal for several STARSkate parents.
- STARSkate Gala (June) – help to manage food and drinks, awards, decorations.
- Skate and Dress Exchange
- Join a new committee to create a Parent Education
- Volunteer Coordinator.
- Developing a Parent Handbook.
- Participating on a new committee to develop a parent education program.
Interested? Please contact us at email@example.com