COVID-19 - CLUB UPDATE MARCH 31, 2020
posted Mar 31, 2020, 11:28 AM
The events of the past days and weeks have been unprecedented. We at WTSC hope that everyone is safe and healthy during this challenging time.
As you know, the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions imposed by all levels of government have made it impossible for WTSC to continue with our programming at this time. As it is unlikely that we will be able to resume programming before the Winter season ends on April 23, we have taken the decision to offer a partial refund of program fees to our members registered in the current season, taking into account unused sessions and fixed club expenses. We will be automatically processing these refunds in the coming days and weeks, either as a credit to your credit card (if this was your method of payment) or by cheque, and no action will be required from you. Given access limitations to the office, please be patient as we work through this.
We acknowledge the immense amount of work that has been done by our board, coaches, volunteers, and office staff this season from September to date. A big THANK YOU to everyone for your contributions in making this a fantastic season!
We also know the importance of family and community, and we would love to keep in touch with our WTSC community during this time away from the rink. Below are some ideas to help everyone stay engaged and active!
- For all members, share your pictures and videos of how you are spending family time together. See this amazing list for loads of free resources that will inspire you!
Tag us on Instagram or post on our Facebook page.
- Instagram: @westtorontosc #SkateWTSC
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WestTorontoSC/
- For RisingSTAR, STAR, and SR STAR members, we are starting an Off-Ice Jump Party on Instagram. Tag us on Instagram @westtorontosc and use the #SkateWTSC to share a video of your best off-ice jump.
- Skater Off-Ice Resource Page – Check out our new Off-Ice Resource Page, where we have posted a number of resources, including workout videos, exercise plans, and a stretching guide to keep you fit and healthy during our break from the ice.
We will certainly keep you posted on future developments, including plans for the Spring and Summer season, as we know more. In the meantime, we hope everyone stays well!
Yi-Wen Hsu Michael Coreno
President Program Director
COVID-19 UPDATE - PROGRAMS SUSPENDED
posted Mar 14, 2020, 10:01 AM
COVID-19 Update - Programs Suspended
Due to the developments around COVID-19, the City of Toronto has closed public recreation centres and arenas in the city, including McCormick Arena, starting tomorrow until at least April 5. As a result, we will be suspending all of our programs for tomorrow, Saturday, March 14.
In addition, all of our programs that would have otherwise resumed on March 23 will also be suspended until April 5. We will be monitoring the situation over the coming weeks and will provide updates in view of the rapidly evolving situation.
In the meantime, we wish everyone a safe and healthy March Break!